THE Book on FILESTREAM and FileTable
My Blog Posts
- FILESTREAM file size limits
- Multiple data containers in a single FILESTREAM filegroup
- Using FILESTREAM in an n-tier solution
- PathName vs. GetFileNamespacePath
Frequently Asked Questions
- I want one group of users to have read-only access and another group of users to have read-write access to a FileTable. Can it be done?
In short, no.
This deals with row level security, which SQL Server does not currently support. See http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/688000/filetable-permissions-enhancements
- In which update has the FileTable security flaw been resolved?
It has been resolved in Service Pack 1. Be careful, because none of the RTM’s Cumulative Updates, including CU 5 released after SP 1 have the fix.
I am continuing to test with every CU that Microsoft releases for RTM and will update the original blog post and this page when I find if it’s been resolved.
- FILESTREAM Storage in SQL Server 2008, White Paper (2008)
- Covers the initial release of FILESTREAM in SQL Server 2008, but the advice still applies through SQL Server 2012.
- Recommendations and guidelines for improving SQL Server FileStream performance, Microsoft Support KB Article
- Documents low-level file system configuration